Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our Weekend

We enjoyed a great weekend. Here's a recap of all that went on...
Derek lost his third tooth.

Kent took the boys to the Monster truck show in Monroe on Friday night. The boys have been so great adjusting to Brylee, so we thought a "boys night out" was the perfect thing for them. They had a blast! I only included one picture, but I think Derek took about 50.


Love this picture! Brylee and daddy caught a nap on Saturday afternoon.


And this morning Brylee and I ventured out to church for the first time. As you can see from her screaming face, she did not like the dress. I think she's saying..."What is going on? Where are my comfortable sleepers I'm used to? I hate this scratchy dress!" But look how beautiful she is. I kept her swaddled the whole church service, so no one really got to see the beautiful scratchy dress!

We did survive however. She started crying during communion so I spent the rest of the service in the "cry room" and walking around in the back. We were both worn out when we got home, so we took a good long nap together.


It felt good to get dressed, do my hair, and put on a little make-up. I can drive now, so we may be getting out more. However, there is something to be said for just staying in your comfortable sleepers and at home as long as possible!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet! Can't wait to meet your new baby girl!
We are so happy for you guys! Take care! We love you!
"Cousin Mike", Misti and Jacob

Emily said...

You look great and Brylee does, too! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and everyone is adjusting. We're doing the same thing as you...adjusting! It's going well though and I feel really good. Now I just have to work on fitting into my bridesmaid dress...5 weeks to go!

Danna Ramsey said...

Wow! You look fantastic! No puffy post-baby face for you. It was good to find out what you've been up to.
Danna (Stokes) Ramsey

Anonymous said...

Cara! she is so beautiful and you look great! and i love the monster truck pics! i cant wait to get home and see her! love you all!
-Anna R-

Angie said...

I just got the baby announcement about Brylee and she's a beauty. So 3 is a challenge here. What do you think? You know, the baby is actually good compared to my other two boys. They are just always in my face and loud! Can they just learn to whisper please? In fact, I can't write a simple short note to you without being interrupted at least 5 times now. There sure are a lot of babies in your family. How in the world did you guys plan that? That'll be fun, especially family gatherings. Take care girl. Sorry I'm still out of the loop on blogging. It just takes up a lot of my time and I'm lucky to be doing this right now. Love ya girl and thanks for sharing your family. -Angie-

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

What a sweetie! Have I said how much I love that you have a little girl to dress up with big bows!!

You do look great!!

Anonymous said...

Cara,
You really look good for just having a baby. I really enjoyed the one of Kent and Brylee, it was precious! Love you all so much and can't wait to see you again.
Love, Mother