Monday, February 18, 2008

Latest happenings...

Well, everyone is gone. Tonight is the first night it's just the five of us. Charlie and Lesa left on Thursday. Dad and the Bakers left on Saturday and Mom flew home this morning. I was sad to see them all leave, but they'll be back soon. The Bakers move here on March 6th. Charlie and Lesa were so much help while I was in the hospital. They held down the fort and even kept sick Austin home on Wednesday. Mom was a HUGE help getting adjusted to having Brylee home. She kept the dishes and clothes clean and helped keep the boys in line (no easy task there!). Now it's back to the real world. I went to the doctor today and got my staples out. It didn't hurt near as bad as I thought it would. I can start driving as soon as I stop the pain pills. I think I only have 10 left, so it won't be long.

The boys are adjusting well to having a baby in the house. Austin is acting like a textbook middle child. Tantrums over nothing, not that he didn't do this before the baby :) He is really sweet with Brylee and loves holding her. Derek is so big. He picks her up if she's crying and soothes her like a pro. The picture below is of my brother in laws cows. The calf up front is special. From the time is was born he has had a mind of his own. Most calves stay close to mom, not this one. He runs and plays, not caring if mom is around. Guess what Joe named this precious little one......AUSTIN! Austin was so proud. He can't wait to go to Pocahontas and meet "Austin" face to face.
I don't know if you watch NASCAR, but we have a middle child who LOVES it. Two years ago I probably couldn't tell you 2 drivers. But now I can name numerous drivers and their sponsors and teammates......crazy! Last night Austin's favorite driver, Ryan Newman, won the Daytona 500. He has been his favorite for a year and a half or so and we have never seen him win. I was so excited when he crossed the finish line. The boys had already left for church, so I called Kent and told him the good news. He passed the information on to Austin. It makes me laugh at how excited our whole family was and still is over this race. YAY, RYAN NEWMAN!
Here's Nana and Poppa with thier two newest grandkids. We had so much fun playing with Jarett. He's 3 months old and loves to laugh. I'm so happy we'll get to see him grow up.
And last, mom the human bed. I'm just so soft and cuddly. Brylee on one side, Austin on the other. I was in heaven!

4 comments:

Danielle Balentine said...

Oh my goodness! Cara, she is precious! She does have characteristics from each of you. That is so neat. Glad all is going well. Sorry I haven't written lately. I have not gotten on the computer because I have not been feeling very well. I am much better now. I may call you in a few days. Love ya! Dani

Julie Baker said...

Lots of happeings in the Jobe house! I can't wait to get back up there and hold that precious girl! I'm glad you guys are all doing well. The Nascar online store has Ryan Newman t-shirts from his big win. Love the calf picture of "Austin"!! How well does Joe know Austin?! Love ya!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Cara,
I sure miss holding Brylee. I know she is going to change so fast like Jarett did. Keep sending pictures on the internet. Thank goodness for this invention. Love you all Mother

Sara said...

Hope all is going well! I love that your little Brylee is wearing big bows!