Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cotton Bowl, Painting, and Angelina????????

Here's an update on what's going on around here. Kent and Derek went to the Cotton Bowl with the rest of my family. I was afraid to go and now I'm so glad I didn't! Plus, it was a great time for just Derek and Kent! We are finally getting around to painting Austin's old room for Brylee. The first thing to do was paint the walls. We had to get one more picture of Austin's train. He was so excited to help us paint, he wasn't near as sad as I thought he would be about painting over it. The boys wanted to paint so badly! It really tested our patience, but we got it finished, only after both boys had kilz (sp) head to toe (literally)! Austin stepped in the paint holder tin! What a mess! Now the room is pale pink. We are painting the trim and a light green stripe under the molding tonight. I'll post a picture of it soon.

ANGELINA????????? Nope, it's Derek! Derek came in the living room last night looking like this. My first thought was what has he had that is causing an allergic reaction? After freaking out for the first 5-10 seconds, he explained what happened. He was sucking on one of those plastic cheap toy holders that you get out of the 25 cent machines!!!!!!!! So then, Kent and I proceed to laugh so hard that we're crying, which then freaks Derek out and he starts crying! It's really amamzing how big lips change a person's face (Meg Ryan, for example). We put a cold pack on him and I promised him if they were still swollen this morning he wouldn't have to go to school. So, this morning he woke up to immediately look in the mirror. The swelling has mostly gone down, but now they hurt. I think he really bruised them good. He went to school reluctantly, but thankfully none of the kids said anything to him! I'm so glad I took a picture last night. This will be a memory we will laugh at for quite a while!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Love the lips...poor Derek. That is a funny story.

Can't wait to see your pink nursery!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD! I laughed outloud and then made Jacob come back here and see it! I loved it! I am excited about the nursery...I"m glad you decided to go with the pink with the green stripe!!! cute!! love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

that last one was from mel by the way!! :)

Emily said...

Oh my...that is hilarious! I guess he probably won't do that agin, huh? We've been painting too...Amelia's new room is all done and she's moved in, now I have to paint the baby's room! I'll post pictures soon, too!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the nursery pictures!! Are you going to do a mural for Brylee as well? I remember Derek's nursery had Noah's ark on the wall. Glad Derek's lips have gone down, poor guy!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Now we all know of a much cheaper way to get the
'pouty' look!! Does he find it funny now?! Post pictures of the nursery soon...we're all waiting to see! Love you, Julie