Saturday, May 3, 2008

Twins, new best friend, and rice cereal....oh my!

Well, we always knew Derek looked like Kent, but here's proof. Amazing, isn't it! Kent's picture is from 2nd grade and the one of Derek was a few months ago at school. I love Derek's picture because of his missing teeth! I bought the whole package. I know...I'm a sucker :) Brylee has a new best friend. Meet Froggy. Apparently he is the funniest animal in the world. She will stare and smile at him and even give out a little coo. What a great friend! He just hangs around and is always there to talk to.
We also ventured into the world of solids this week. She did great. She took to it so much easier than the boys. And was diving for the spoon before it was all said and done.
We drove to Magnolia for pictures today. I'll let you know when the proofs are online so you can see them. She said it would be about 2 weeks. I'm so impatient. I want to see them now! We took family, just kids, mom and daughter, and just Brylee pictures. That's a lot for only a 30 minute time slot! I really can't wait to see them.

We're all healthy and happy here. It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks. Derek's ending up his school year. He's got field trips and field day and Kent's leaving for a week in Abilene next week!!! Not looking forward to that one! Keep us in your prayers as things are getting pretty hectic.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara,
I remember the day Derek was born. I thought he looked like Kent then too...but that picture was so much alike!!! Good thing Kent is so good looking-now we know Derek will be too. Love you all Mother

Anonymous said...

Of course he is cute now but I forgot to say that!!!Mother

Redhead Rambles said...

Congratulations on your little girl! She's precious. :) We need to catch up one of these days.

Sara said...

Wow..those pics are so identical!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I thought that those were two pictures of Derek! I always thought that Derek looked like you....but maybe I was wrong. :) I love the pics of Brylee. Have a wonderful week!
-Jen White

Andrea said...

Wow. That is seriously uncanny. It is like you cloned him!

I love the froggie and her complete fascination with it. Don't you just wonder what is going on in that brain. It is working so hard and so fast and she is processing things in ways that I only wish I could understand! Fun stuff.

Good luck with your crazy schedule. I'm at a similar place right now. I empathize!

Emily said...

It is really insane how much Derek looks like Kent! Brylee is looking so cute...I can't wait to ge her and Andrew together! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That is incredible!! I cannot believe how much they look alike. Brylee is a doll. She is getting so big, so fast. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
~Rhonda