Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We left Friday afternoon to spend some time with Kent's parents in Bismarck, AR. We went to the Mid-America Science Museum in Hot Springs on Saturday morning. The boys had so much fun!

Giant operation game
Huge static ball
Air flow experiment
Saturday evening we went out in the boat for some fishing on DeGray lake. Brylee wasn't too sure what to think of her life jacket! She fell asleep 5 min. into the boat ride. The boys enjoyed fishing and were very successful. However, when Brylee woke up she was NOT happy. She was hot, and mad, and was ready to go. The boys were not ready to leave, but Brylee was scaring all the fish away with her wailing! :)



Beautiful sunset on DeGray Lake.
We came home Sunday afternoon. Kent and I wanted to paint our kitchen cabinets on Monday, so I bought a slip-n-slide for the boys entertainment and so they'd stay out of our hair for awhile. They had a blast!
Here's Kent starting our project. As I'm typing this post (11:10 p.m. on Tuesday) he just finished hanging the last door! YAY...my cabinets went from a dark navy to white...what a change. I really like it. It brightens up the room so much. Thanks, honey for spending your day off painting to make me happy! I love you!



5 comments:

Michelle said...

We really missed you guys, but it looks like ya'll had a great time!! You need to post an after picture of the kitchen!

Andrea said...

Definitely post a pic of the new kitchen!

The boys looked like they had mucho fun on the lake. And I especially liked your hairdo in the static photo. Reminded me of what you looked like in the morning in the ol' college dorm days!

Sara said...

Yay for Kent! Painting is not fun at all, but I'm sure his efforts made your kitchen look nice and bright.

Tina said...

Thank you for clarifying what a, b, c, d, and k stands for. It all makes perfect sense now! :) Sometimes I am VERY slow. Hope your big boy and my big girl are having fun at camp. I am so excited for them! Have a great weekend.

Danielle Balentine said...

alright, you need to show us the finished product on the kitchen. Loved the pictures. Have fun at camp. Can't wait to see you guys--hopefully soon. Dani