Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick update

Here's a quick update on our family:

Kent: He went to Dallas to his grad class last weekend. He enjoyed it, but the drive back was a bit rough. Ike was in his way :)

Cara: We started back to our Tuesday Ladies class last week. It's going to be great to get back in a regular Bible study. The good Lord knows I need it :)

Derek: He's involved in a fundraiser at school. The last 2 years he has not cared at all about it. This year he's "Mr. Salesman". I'm not sure what kicked in this year, but I know his school will appreciate all the $.

Austin: Show and Tell at school began last week. This year is different b/c you have to bring in something that begins with the letter they are studying for the week. Last week "A" he took a cup with his name on it. Today "B" he took his "builder bear". Got any suggestions for "C"?

Brylee: She got 3 shots today, so she's a bit whiny. I would be too! She did great though. She has started clapping, which I love. You just say "YAY" and she'll clap for you.

We started our small groups at church last night. This is the first time Kent and I get to really participate. We have always been at church involved with the youth ministries. We're having it at our house and we had 11 last night. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the year with this group!

We are really busy with soccer practice for both boys. Kent is coaching Austin's team. I can't believe he's old enough to play. I'm so curious to see how he acts in a game. Aggressive or stand offish. I'll let you know!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Danielle Balentine said...

I had to do some catch-up reading. I can't believe that about Karen and Jeremy. . . how exciting! Sounds like you guys are busy. Have fun with the fundraiser. Can't wait for those fun times. C. . . I don't know, my thinking brain cells are fried. If I think of something, I will write back. Hey, did Denise do your top picture? I love it, it is so sweet. I need to find me a good photographer. What are ya'll doing in ladies bible class this year? I will really miss Jane's great classes. Love ya!

Tina said...

Cars, a carrot, checkers, cheese sticks for the class, crackers for the class, cupcakes, cookies. Can you tell I'm hungry for a snack!?! Tyler and I used to sit down with our children's dictionary and come up with something. I think I loved show and tell more than he did. I'm so glad ya'll are getting to do growth group this year.

Kristi said...

Hmmm...Austin's your son....somehow I'm not worried about him being a competitive athlete :-).

Andrea said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you guys are doing okay. What grad work is Kent doing?

C: cat, carnations, credit card, camera, cousin, cardigan, cell phone, candle, "Cat in the Hat," corn dogs, camoflage, cardinals, crater, crayons, coloring books, cereal, castle, crust, CARA! :-)

Michelle said...

Glad everything is going well. I was concerned that you all may have had it bad from Ike's left overs. Give my love to everyone!