Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lots to blog about

Ok...these pictures are so out of order, not sure what happened there! So much has happened since I last updated. UpLift was good. Lots different since we weren't in charge. Brylee did great and the boys had a blast with nana and poppa. Also, I got to spend some time with one of my roommates from college. Sara, you have a beautiful family!

From HU Julie and I plus the 4 kids headed to Pocahontas for a Wilson family reunion. It was well attended. Mom and Dad you guys did a great job planning this event. Brylee and Jarett got to experience swimming for the first time. The water was COLD. Jarett loved it, Brylee did not!

We had been away from home for 9 days and I was longing for my own bed. We got home on Sunday afternoon and were greeting by Kent, Bryan, Emily, Amelia, and Andrew. We had a great visit with the Michigan Jobes. I wish y'all lived closer to us!

Kent and I also bit the bullet and bought a new van! YES!!!!!!!! I am so excited and would be out just driving for no reason if gas wasn't so expensive. It's a beige '07 Grand Caravan w/ 9800 miles and we got a great deal. I've never had a vehicle with a warranty and under 10K before. God is good!

Yesterday and today were spent celebrating Derek's 8th birthday. He invited 4 boys to sleepover. Pictures from that in the next post.

Amelia's not too sure what to think about her crazy cousins.
The 5 Jobe grand kids.
Just the girls
This is from the Wilson reunion. Derek, Hailey, Jody, and Austin singing karaoke.
Sweet smiles
UpLift babies....Mia Baker, Jarett, and Brylee
What a model!
My grandma (Mom Wilson). I love this because they have matching clips in their hair!
The Jobes (Austin..oh Austin!)

Oh, and we've also entered into a wager with the Michigan Jobes. Biggest Loser Couples! 20 weeks of healthy eating and working out. The couple with the biggest % lost wins $200. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Sara said...

You have been busy!!! I'm excited for your new van...now you have a nice new air conditioned vehicle!!!

Look forward to hearing how the "biggest loser" goes in your family..what a great idea!

Redhead Rambles said...

Mom and her matching clip! That's great. You can always count on Mom to keep up with fashion. :)

Michelle said...

Give D a Happy Birthday from us!! Yea, for the new van!!! Hopefully gas prices will drop and you guys will be able to make your way to Alabama! Miss you!!!

Danielle Balentine said...

I admit, I had to scroll down and look at pictures before I read your post. I love seeing the pics. Looks like you guys are working into a routine with 3 kids. Congrats on the new van! That is very exciting. We had to break down and purchase something that got better gas mileage so we got a Toyota rav 4. It's smaller, but it is still 4WD. . . Jeff has to have his 4WD. I would have gotten a van if I had had my choice.

You asked about church, we placed our membership at Southside in Rogers. We really love it. Matthew and his wife, Dallas, have really been such a blessing for us. We really love them and have enjoyed their friendship. They have 2 great girls, too. As far as I know we will be here that weekend. Do you have my phone number so that you can call? In fact, I may just call you in the next couple of days.

Talk to you soon and love and miss ya!

Kristi said...

Isn't blogging the greatest! I thought I should leave a comment so you don't think I'm stalking you. I can't believe you were in Pokey and we didn't run into each other in Wal-Mart. Your family is absolutely gorgeous. Glad to know you're doing so well.

Andrea said...

Loved the pictures and seeing all the action happening in your family. I'm jealous that you and Sara got to get together!

Next year, Lord willing, we'll be moving back to Memphis. (please put that on your prayer list). When we do move back we HAVE to plan a reunion!