Friday, July 18, 2008

Derek's 8th birthday party

Derek opening presents. Tina, I think he was just as excited about the Dr. Pepper and candy as the money. What a GREAT water slide. Thank you Hammock family for letting us borrow it. The boys had a BLAST!
Black light bowling. Of course from this picture you can't tell we were in black light. It was so cool!
Such a sweet group of boys!
And I thought I'd throw in a pic of the babies. Doesn't Brylee look like she's in the middle of a nice conversation with Jarret?!? This cracks me up.



We had four great boys sleep over at the house last Friday night for Derek's party. They ate pizza, played on a water slide, went bowling, played Nintendo DS and PlayStation 2, went to sleep around 1:30 a.m. and woke up around 8 a.m. to play on the slide again. It was a great party. One I'm sure Derek will want to repeat for next year.

Enjoy the video of Kent and the boys sliding.


7 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun! That looks like a great party for an 8 year old boy. Lucky for D that his b-day is in the summer when hot weather allows for lots of outdoor/water slide time. I always lament that our boys b-days are in April when rain showers are a definite possibility.

Love the clip of Kent on the slide. He's a hoot!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Happy Birthday Derek!! Looks like they had a great time! My kids would have LOVED that slide!!
Anyway, I hope he has many more!
BTW, I love the new pic of you and Brylee!

Sara said...

Cute clip of Kent and the boys! That waterslide looked awesome!

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I'm glad D had such a great birthday! I can't believe he is already 8!!! I can still remember taking him out of the nursery at daycare and rocking him in my office until he went to sleep! Such a sweet boy!!

Magen said...

Looks like so much fun! Ben didn't even tell me y'all went bowling - that's how informed he keeps me. :) We may have to borrow your sleep-over idea for Ben's birthday in October!
I meant to tell you that Brylee looked precious in her white and black dress at church the other day! Mary Claire has named ALL her baby dolls "Brylee." Ha!

Danielle Balentine said...

What a blast! That looks like it was a great party. Liked the slide video. It kind of reminded me of the jumping slide thing they had at church for VBS last year and all the mature adult men that bounced instead of slid down the slide. Looks like Kent was a little more responsible with the young boys on this slide. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara! Great pictures! What fun!! I absolutely love the one of you and Brylee! Take care.