Friday, June 27, 2008

Yesterday

Ya know those days that are just awful.....that was yesterday for me. The boys were at each other all day, Brylee had her shots so she didn't feel well and would not nap, and my "to do" list was long and did not get nearly completed. Finally after everyone was in bed I just sat at the table and cried. Kent knows me well enough now to not freak out when this happens. He just kissed me and went to bed himself. My pity party only lasted a few minutes. Brylee slept until 6:30 this morning in her bed. Thank you God! Your mercies are new every morning!

We leave for UpLift at Harding tomorrow. This will be our last time to go with the youth, at least for a while. Kent was still on the board and teaching a class. He said that this is the last youth ministry item on his calendar, so it's definitely a milestone. I love UpLift. I get to see many "old" friends, hang out on campus, watch my husband play racquetball, listen to some great classes and lessons, and the awesome singing. My parents take the boys to the lake for the week, which helps so much. Having Brylee with me this year will be different. Julie will have Jarett and Heather (Julie's sis-in-law) will have Mia, who is 4 weeks older than Brylee. So all of us moms and babies will be hanging out together.

After UpLift, Julie and I are heading to Pocahontas for a family reunion. It may be awhile until my next post. Enjoy the 4th.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry it was such a bad day, but glad that the Lord gave you some relief! Terry had his first, "I'm not the Youth Minister moment" on Tuesday night. It is Junior week of camp and he was a guest speaker. One of the counselors was studying with an Azalea City youth and he told Terry he didn't feel comfortable doing the baptizing. Terry asked what time he thought he would need to come back to do the baptism, because he had to get other kids back to the building, and the counselor said around midnight. Terry was racking his brain and thinking how tired he would be, when one of the directors said, "Terry, why don't you get Jason to do it, he's the youth minister." Terry said it was the strangest feeling, but was relieved to not have to go back out at midnight! ;) Love you and Miss you!!

Michelle said...

It was Junior High week, by the way. Terry and George still direct Junior week (1st-5th grade).

Sara said...

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Brylee next week. Glad she slept till 6:30 today! Getting a full nights sleep can truly make a difference in how you feel. I LONG for the night when Grant sleeps till 6:30!

Maria R. said...

Oh how I have those days too! And letting out a good cry can really make it better. It is so interesting how that happens. I hope you enjoy Harding. It has been so long since I have been back there, probably 5-6 years. Tell Julie I said "Hi".