Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yay El Dorado!

El Dorado was in the news again last night. If you haven't heard about the El Dorado Promise, this news story will let you in on what's going on in our little town. A few months ago we get a letter from Derek's school telling us a news crew was coming to Northwest Elementary. It turned out to be CBS evening news. We weren't sure when the piece would air. I am so glad Julie happened to be watching CBS last night or we would have missed it. The news crew spent most of their time in Derek's class and his sweet face is seen a couple times. I tried to download the video, but I couldn't figure out exactly how to do it. So you'll have to copy and paste this address. There will be a commercial first and then the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4185537n

5 comments:

Danielle Balentine said...

Hey! I saw the news clip! How cool that Derek and Debbie were on there. That was a really good article. Makes me miss El Dorado. About the 26th, as far as I know we will be here. The only think we have in the works is going to White River some time, but as we get closer I'll let you know. Love ya!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Glad to see you're doing well! You've been tagged! See my blog for details.

Redhead Rambles said...

Wow! That's a really amazing educational advancement idea that the oil company is promoting for the schools in your area. Maybe I need to move to your city! :)

Cara said...

Come on down, we'd love to have you!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I saw Derek in the clip. Can't miss that blond hair!
Aunt Janet