Sunday, August 24, 2008

Looking for God

Tonight at church, Kent was leading singing. He had already led a few songs when I noticed Austin looking up at the ceiling. I guess I gave him a puzzled look because he looked back at me and said matter of fact, "I'm looking for God."

I pray that I can have eyes like my child. That I can look for God anywhere, everywhere, and anytime.

On another note, I'm really going to miss the Olympics. I've been a junkie these last 2 weeks. My favorites have been gymnastics and swimming. But I would often catch myself getting really engulfed in a good sport I'm not accustomed to watching like... water polo. Never watched it before, but it really kept my attention while I was at the gym one day. Also, the women's triathlon. Wow, I would love to be able to do that. Swim, bike, then run. Amazing. So, I was wondering....if you could have your dream fulfilled and be in the Olympics (pretend your still in your late teens or early 20's) what sport would you be competing in? Me...remember this is a dream...I would love to be a gymnast.

I was also wondering if any of you teared up during a medal ceremony while the national anthem played. Just curious.

Have a great week dear friends. Keep your eyes open and look for God.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Chills run up my spine during the national anthem or when Phelps brought in one of his gold medals.

If I had the ability to be Olympic material, I'd love to say that I could finish a decathlon. I've dabbled in a few triathlons and they are extremely challenging. I really want to do another one...are you game to do one with me in like 6 to 9 months from now???? It is always more fun to do it with a buddy....

Cara said...

I wouldn't even know how to begin training for something like that, Sara. You're a much better swimmer than me, too. It would be a huge challenge!

Andrea said...

After the '84 Olympics I thought I was MaryLou Retton for about a year. I even got a Cabbage Patch doll named Mary Lou and I thought it was fate. Sigh... If only God had blessed me with a smaller waistline and tiny little boobs.

Michelle said...

I would definitely want to be a gymnast or a swimmer. I never really got to watch any of the medal ceremonies, but I did choke up when Phelps won his last gold!

Tina said...

I loved gymnastics growing up, so that is my favorite. But I learned to like the syncranized (sp) swimming this Olympics. I used to make fun of them. But they really work hard. I can't imagine trying to hold my breath so long and look good while doing it. I hope Austin can see God at church when he's there. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, sometimes instead of trying to tell my kids something it is better to show them. Like this weekend we were all being lazy watching too much tv and I told my kids to go outside to play. Tyler was outside less than 5 mins and wanted to come back in. So I got off my very comfy couch and went outside to play catch and frisbee. We got wet, dirty and hot, but we had a great time. Thanks for your help today. :) I appreciate you friend!

Anonymous said...

Olympics - Beach Volley ball. I'd love to have abs like the girls. Austin - How sweet. It's always amazing what these precious babies come up with. I see God in Austin. No, not the devil - God.
Brylee and your picture is beautiful. Is she laughing out loud yet??