Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Day of Summer

Really the actual last day of summer is September 21. But in my children's eyes, today's the day. School starts tomorrow at 7:55. Derek is having mixed emotions. He's excited but knows he's going to miss staying up late and sleeping in. Me too! I am not sure how Austin will act tomorrow. He begins 4 yr. old preschool. He gets dropped off at 8 and picked up at 11:30. I have missed the quite mornings with Brylee that we enjoyed at the end of last school year. It will be great to have those back. Also, it's going to be much easier to make it to the gym just getting Brylee ready. It has been a struggle to get all 4 of us up there these past few weeks.

The agenda today is to wash clothes and clean the boys room (with their help). We are going to take the boys bowling today, too. One more afternoon of fun before summer ends. : )

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It's an exciting time of year, but I certainly understand those mixed emotions. We've still got a couple weeks until school resumes, but I'm already a little unnerved about Zach being in 2nd grade and Alec beginning a 3 year old preschool program. I think I'm just struggling with acceptance that they are really this old! Drivers licenses and dates are just around the corner!
Good luck tomorrow!

Sara said...

I'm enjoying my quiet mornings with Grant on Tues and Thurs, so I know you'll enjoy a slower pace of life with just one at home. Hope the boys get off to a good start!!

Redhead Rambles said...

They did video tape it, and I'm trying to order a few now. When I do, I'll try and post it!

Sara said...

Answer to your sleep sack question: Grant LOVED being swaddled & I feared I'd be doing it well into his college years!! He was getting too big for the swaddle blankets, so I switched to the sleep sack. We had no trouble switching over and so far so good. I just put him in a light onesie so he doesn't get too hot at night and we keep our house pretty cold at night.