Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flood 2008

Julie and I took off with the kids to Pocahontas for spring break. If you watch Fox News, Good Morning America, or The Weather Channel you might have seen our small town. The Black River completely flooded east and north Pocahontas. It was like nothing I've ever seen. We couldn't go up hwy. 67 into town because it was closed. So, we went around through a different town and had no problems. By Wednesday the water had receded and was off the highway. Dad gave us a tour of the flooded areas and farmland. It was crazy! I tried to put some pictures on here, but I couldn't get them to work. I've got more pictures from the zoo, Easter, and in Pocahontas, too. I'll put them on here soon. Back to school tomorrow! The boys really fought a lot this week. I am going to have to come up with something for them to do to keep me sane during the summer. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

Hey! I never did hear where the flooding was in Arkansas and I was concerned about you and your families. George said he saw Kent on Univ. Blvd. this past week. I'm glad your family is ok!

Sara said...

I didn't know that it flooded in Arkansas either. Of course, I'm not keeping up real well with the world events! I guess your parent's home was unharmed.

Summer ideas....day camps?

Tina said...

I love you to. love lacey.