Thursday, October 18, 2007

What a day!






It doesn't get much better than today! God is good! We are having a healthy baby GIRL, Derek played a great soccer game, I made the cutest scrapbook calendar at our ladies night, and Derek lost his first 2 teeth........yes 2!

As you can see the ultrasound pics aren't so good. I took them with my camera from the shiny, originals. First, is Derek's new smile. Then, the next 2 are of HER face. HER left hand is by HER head. The second one is a little better than the first one. You may be able to distinguish the face better. Next, two femurs and no wee wee :). And last, the arrow is pointing to the all important 3 lines that mean GIRL!

At the ultrasound, it was so funny. Derek has been saying girl for the longest and of course, Austin wanted a boy. So, when Dr. Watson said it was a girl, Austin hit the table with his fist and then was in a bad mood for several hours to follow. I don't think it was so much the girl part, but that Derek was right and he was wrong! I told him he could help me name her and that helped the attitude a little :)


I came home around 9:30 p.m. from our ladies night and Derek was awake and said his bottom teeth hurt. Now, I have tried at least 10 times to pull this stubborn tooth. I told him it needed to come out tonight! I tried 4 times and it finally came out!!!!!!! YAY! Then the tooth that was beside it scooted over to the middle immediately and became extremely loose. I told Derek I thought he could pull this one on his own.........and he did! So, right now, under his pillow, in a baggie, are 2 sweet little teeth. He also put 2 suckers in there for the Tooth Fairy!


It has been a great day! I'm going to TX tomorrow with mom to go to Julie's baby shower! I'll post pics of the two pregnant sisters soon!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so exciting!!! Yay a girl!! She is going to be SO protected by those boys and she'll probably be tough as nails!! Tell Derek congrats on the tooth and Austin to keep his chin up, little girls aren't so bad! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I knew Kent was calling because of that, so I couldn't wait to call back! I knew it was a girl! :) Can't wait ot meet her! love yall! mel

Maria R. said...

Aw a little girl. I am so excited for you guys. What a lucky little girl to have two awesome big brothers. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Hello - I can't make out the face - you may have to walk me through what is where on that ultrasound picture. Yeah, another girl in the fam. Hailey is SSOOO excited!! Did you get the check, for Julie's baby gift, I mailed it Monday?? See you sometime. Love you!! Your Sissy