Monday, February 9, 2009

A Fabulous Five Year Old




My baby boy turned 5 today. My how the time goes. Austin was born in El Dorado at 10:02 a.m. by c-section on February 9, 2004. From that day on our lives have been forever changed. The spunk, intensity, and humor this child has daily amazes me. Kent and I've watched him grow over the years, but this last year he has truly matured into a great kid. Of course he is still learning how to control that pesky temper, and sometimes it still rears its ugly head, but he's really making progress. Austin loves sports like Derek, but he is a redneck deep down. He knows most, if not all, the NASCAR drivers, their number, and main sponsor. He has also enjoyed 2 monster jam shows this year. Austin now says he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. I can't think of a better job for him, my daredevil. We met with his pre-school teacher last week for our mid year conference. One thing I was happy to hear was that he is a leader. A "good" leader at that! He wants to do good, and most times he tries to do the right thing. His teacher also said he can do anything "if he wants to do it". We toured the elementary school Austin will be at in the fall. He was so cute walking around acting shy. Wow, I can't believe he will be in kindergarten.


One funny story to end with. At pre-school the other day there was a chair tipped back but not falling over because it was being held up by the table. Austin looked at it and said, "Well look at that, the chair thinks it's going to get baptized!" Maybe a firefighter/preacher!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy birthday, Austin! Wow, Cara, I can't believe he is 5 already!! We're getting old! :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Austin!

Andrea said...

He's completely and totally adorable. Give him a b-day hug from Auntie Andrea.

Unknown said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
marijuana seeds for sale

Unknown said...

شركه مكافحة حشرات بعنيزه

شركة مكافحه حشرات بالقصيم