Thursday, November 20, 2008

We LOVE Karen!

November 7-8 I, along with 8 other ladies from church, mostly ministers and elders wives, went to Jackson, MS for a women's conference. So many of us are avid Karen Kingsbury readers and we were so excited to hear her speak and to meet her in person. My friend Tina was the MOST excited. In fact I thought she was going to tackle her when it was our turn to meet her. Karen was so sweet and not too overwhelmed with Tina's enthusiasm. She even gave her an autographed tote bag that read "to my BFF Tina"! We had a wonderful weekend together. Here's a picture of us squashing Karen. We have this enlarged to a 20x30 to place in our church library above all of her books.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I just finished the Baxter family series and I have to confess I was seriously addicted. Rodney got a little aggravated because, once I got a different book, I couldn't stop reading long enough to have a conversation :). Have a great Thanksgiving!
Kristi

Emily said...

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks!

Andrea said...

Yes, but doesn't poor Karen look just the smallest bit FREAKED OUT by you guys?! :-) She looks like she's thinking, "Please please please let them go away soooooooon."

Just kidding my dearest friend!