Monday, June 25, 2007

2 weeks of camp, garage sale, and t-ball!! WHEW!





We are well into summer with the youth group. We've completed two successful weeks of Camp Kurios, we had a fundraiser garage sale for UPLIFT last week, and tball is over with the team party tonight. I counseled the girls in the 9th-11th grade. We had a great week. The theme was Proverbs and wisdom. I wish I had had some of the lessons they heard when I was 16 years old! We had a HUGE garage sale last weekend at church to raise $ for uplift (camp at Harding). We had a profit of over $3000. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. We leave for Harding this Saturday and will be back on Thursday, July 5. I promise, our house is more like the Holiday Inn Express during the summer than a actual home! I'm posting some pics of Derek and his tball team. He's a future Cardinal, I'm telling you! They moved the ages back this summer, so you had to be 7 by April 15 to play pitching machine. So we enjoyed our THIRD year of tball. Kent coached again and had so much fun with the 13 boys and 1 girl! You can see from the pictures that Austin takes after his organized dad. It drove him crazy that the boys threw their helmets all over the place!

Today has been a peaceful day. I planned on working out, but it's been kinda nice doing nothing. Maybe I'll go tomorrow!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like a busy few weeks. Have fun at Uplift.