Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Some of you may remember when Austin and I met Dr. Pillsbury in the spring of '06. That is the day Austin thought a small yellow flower would smell better in his nose than out of his nose. Well, we got to renew our acquaintance with the good doc today. When I picked Aus up from school at 1 he told me, "I fell on the playground and a rock jumped up and got stuck in my ear!"
Me: What!?! Let me see.
Sure enough, there it was, a bit out of my reach. Of course I tried shaking it out...ha, it didn't work. I called his doctor and the nurse said, just call the ENT doc. We head over to meet Dr. Pillsbury once again. Bless his heart, he really did try to get it out, but it slipped further down the ear canal. So, tomorrow we are scheduled to be at the hospital at 6:15 a.m. for Austin to undergo his first surgery. Poor baby! He's my first to be "put under". Please say a prayer for him tonight and tomorrow morning. I'll post when it's all over and let you know how he did. (And how I did :))

On a side note: We had pics taken yesterday. If you would like to take a look, go to
www.lairdphotography.smugmug.com
proofs
jobe
password: green

5 comments:

Sara said...

Just commented on your FB status! Crazy boy. It will be fine. Laura had tubes at 15 months and the only hard part is when she woke up from the anesthesia. She was very agitated and confused. It lasted about 30 minutes and after that all was fine.

Rhonda said...

Poor Austin! We will say an extra prayer for him tonight that all goes well. The pics Melissa took are great! I can't belive Brylee is so big! She has changed so much!

Emily said...

We'll definitely be praying for the poor little guy! LOVE the pictures...so cute! Looking forward to seeing you all in person soon!

Andrea said...

Oh Austin. Cara, I swear to you, Austin and Alec are like two peas in a pod. I can totally see something like this in my future. Alec does questionable things all of the time and blames it on his "brother Gaylor." We don't know where we got that name, but at least ten times a day I hear, "I didn't do it, Mommy! My brother Gaylor did." I'll pray for you and for Austin tonight.

Michelle said...

George told us about Austin last night at church. I pray everything goes well and hopefully by this time it is over. At 5 years old, Terry's oldest brother put a rock in his ear. His mom asked why he did it and his response..."I thought it would fall out my other ear."

The pics are great!!! Love the silly one at the end, so JOBE!!